Sunday, April 5, 2009

Athletes With Awesome Trademarks

These days, athletes have the coolest celebrations and introduction trademarks. Two of my favorites are the back flip Carl Edwards does every time he wins a NASCAR race, and the "powder throw" LeBron James does when he is introduced. However, some athletes have some really bad trademarks. For example, I have never been a fan of Terrell Owens' thing that he does where he "slam dunks" the football over the goal post and proceeds to make the initials "T.O." with his arms when he gets a touchdown. I find that to be very arrogant. Another thing that bothers me is when someone steals someone else's trademark. If you are going to do something cool, make sure you are the first to do that thing because it is not cool if someone else already did that because you are trying to be cool by stealing someone else's coolness (if that makes sense). For example, if I went out on the court at one of my basketball games and threw powder up in the air, people would think I am a complete idiot because I would just look like someone doing a really bad job at trying to be Lebron James. So, be wary up-and-coming athletes, when figuring out your trademark move, be cool, original, and somewhat modest, for there are people out there ready to critique your move.




No comments:

Post a Comment