Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Phillies' Opening Day!


The Phillies open this Sunday at Citizen's Bank Park in Philly! This is extremely exciting because they are coming off of their World Series Championship season! The problem is, much of the starting lineup is overcoming injury. World Series MVP, left handed pitcher Cole Hamels was scheduled to start on opening day, but know he won't due to tightness in his elbow. I'm a huge Cole Hamels fan, but COME ON!!!! These professional athletes can be huge babies! If I had tightness in my elbow before a basketball game, I would probably get a "suck it up" from my coach. If I was lucky, the trainer would tape my elbow. I have never met Cole Hamels, or asked him about this injury, so I don't know his mindset to this, but I think he can pitch on opening day. So anyway, 2nd baseman Chase Utley and 3rd baseman Pedro Feliz have a better reason to be complianing. Chase had major hip surgery in November and is coming along well. He originally was not going to be back until June, but plans to start on Opening Day. Pedro had back surgey and also plans to start on Opening Day. So anyway, the Phils open with the Braves on Sunday, Apri 5th. Hopefully, this season will be as good as the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment