Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Where I'm From

I am from basketball, from Adidas and sports equipment.
I am from the smell of baking pastries (warm,delicious, cheers you up).
I am from the lilac bush, the oak tree.
I am from summer vactions and over-competitiveness, from Charley and Carol and Joe.
I am from kindness and understanding.
From don't give up and try your hardest.
I am from Sunday school, hours spent learning or making our teacher mad.
I am from Hershey and montgomery, pumpkin pie and roasted turkey.
From the time my grandfather spent in the army during WWII, the boys' track records at Montgomery with my father's name on them, and the cows my great-gradfather butchered to turn into beef.
I am from the pictures on the wall, the box under my dad's dresser, a look at the family past, present, and future. Memories, current events, and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment