Monday, April 6, 2009

NASCAR @ Texas Motor Speedway

This past weekend, the NASCAR circuit was at Texas Motor Speedway. Kyle Busch won the Camping World Truck Series and the Nationwide Series races, but it was Jeff Gordon who took home the Sprint Cup trophy. While Jeff Gordon is by far not one of my favorite drivers, I was happy to see him win for many reasons. First of all, this is the 1st races Gordon has won in 47 races. Also, this is the 1st time he has ever won at T.M.S.. But, the real reason I am happy for Gordon is because this stopped people from saying that he's losing his edge and his era is over. As I said, I am not by any means a Jeff Gordon fan, but the fact that he is one of the sport's best needs to be respected. The people that say stuff like this are always the ones who are jealous that there are drivers better than their favorites,and quite frankly, it can get really annoying. While I know my favorites are good, I know there are those, past and present, who are better. It's just part of sports. You might not be the best, but that doesn't mean you have to get jealous. It just means you have to work harder because being the best should always be your goal. I would also like to commend David "The Franchise" Reutimann for winning this weeks pole. David has really come a long way since his first Cup Series season two years ago. So, congrats to Kyle Busch, David Reutimann, and most of all, Jeff Gordon, for their accomplishment at Texas this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment